Faidherbe sentence example
- A little later General Faidherbe published his Collection complete des inscriptions numidiques (1870).
- C. Faidherbe, Quelque mots sur l'ethnologie de l'archipel canarien (Paris, 1875); Chil y Naranjo, Estudios historicos, climatologicos y Patologicos de las Islas Canarias (Las Palmas, 1876-1889); " De la pluralite des races humaines de l'archipel canarien," Bull.
- C. Faidherbe regards them as indigenous Libyans mingled with a fair-skinned people of European origin.
- Rohlfs, Reise durch Marokko (1869); Quer durch Afrika (1874-1875); General Faidherbe, Collection complete des inscriptions numidiques (lybiques) (1870), and Les Dolmens d'Afrique (1873); H.
- Ripley, Races of Europe (London, 1900); Dr Malbot, " Les Chaouias " in L'Anthropologie, 18 97 (p. 14) General Faidherbe and Dr Paul Topinard, Instructions sur l'anthropologie de l'Algerie (Paris, 1874); E.Advertisement
- About the time that the British government became wearied of its efforts to open up the interior of West Africa, General Faidherbe was appointed governor of Senegal (1854), and under his direction vigorous efforts were made to consolidate French influence.
- Louis Leon Cesar Faidherbe >>
- Mercie also designed the monuments to " Meissonier " (1895), erected in the Jardin de l'Infante in the Louvre, and " Faidherbe " (1896) at Lille, a statue of " Thiers " set up at St Germain-en-Laye, the monument to " Baudry " at Pere-la-Chaise, and that of " Louis-Philippe and Queen Amelie " for their tomb at Dreux.