Faesulae sentence example
- V.*) History Florentia was founded considerably later than Faesulae (Fiesole), which lies on the hill above it; indeed, as its name indicates, it was built only in Roman times and probably in connexion with the construction by C. Flaminius ill 187 B.C. of a road from Bononia to Arretium (which later on formed part of the Via Cassia) at the point where this road crossed the river Arnus.
- FIESOLE (anc. Faesulae, q.v.), a town and episcopal see of Tuscany, Italy, in the province of Florence, from which it is 3 m.
- FAESULAE (mod.
- Over moo silver denarii, all coined before 63 B.C., were found at Faesulae in 182 9.
- Though Faesulae was an Etruscan city, we have no record of it in history until 215 B.C., when the Gauls passed near it in their march on Rome.Advertisement
- Both the veterans, who soon wasted what they had acquired, and the dispossessed cultivators joined the partisans of Catiline, and Manlius, one of his supporters, made his headquarters at Faesulae.
- She was worshipped as Ancharia at Faesulae, where an altar belonging to her has been recently discovered.
- (See FAESULAE.)
- Faesulae >>