Fadl sentence example
- The only Barmecide who remained unmolested with his family was Mahommed the brother of Yahya, who had been the chamberlain of the caliph till 795, when Fadl b.
- Mamun, on receiving his brother's invitation to go to Bagdad, was greatly perplexed; but his tutor and later vizier, Fadl b.
- It is said that Fadl b.
- Sahl had, through a secret agent, induced Fadl b.
- It was presented to him by his vizier, Fadl b.Advertisement
- Sahl, but proceeded towards Mer y with the purpose of telling Mamun that the state of affairs was not as Fadl b.
- Fadl, informed of his intentions, filled the caliph's mind with distrust against the old general, so that when Harthama arrived Mamun had him cast into prison, where he died shortly afterwards.
- It was only indirectly that the news reached the caliph, who then saw that Fadl had been treating him as a puppet.
- Fadl was one day found murdered, and Ali b.
- But Mamun generously pardoned him, as well as Fadl b.Advertisement
- Mamun affected the profoundest grief, and, in order to disarm suspicion, appointed as his prime minister the brother of Fadl, Hasan b.