Fadl sentence example
- His sons Fadl and Ja`far (the Giafar of the Arabian Nights) both occupied high offices under Harun.
- The only Barmecide who remained unmolested with his family was Mahommed the brother of Yahya, who had been the chamberlain of the caliph till 795, when Fadl b.
- - On the death of Harun his minister, Fadl b.
- Mamun, on receiving his brother's invitation to go to Bagdad, was greatly perplexed; but his tutor and later vizier, Fadl b.
- It is said that Fadl b.Advertisement
- Sahl had, through a secret agent, induced Fadl b.
- It was presented to him by his vizier, Fadl b.
- In his gratitude to Fadl b.
- Sahl, but proceeded towards Mer y with the purpose of telling Mamun that the state of affairs was not as Fadl b.
- Fadl, informed of his intentions, filled the caliph's mind with distrust against the old general, so that when Harthama arrived Mamun had him cast into prison, where he died shortly afterwards.Advertisement
- 817), under pretence of putting an end to the continual revolts of the partisans of Ali, and acting on the advice of his prime minister Fadl, he publicly designated as his successor in the Caliphate Ali ar-Rida, a son of that Musa al-Kazim who perished in the prison of Mandi, a direct descendant of Hosain, the son of Ali, and proscribed black, the colour of the Abbasids, in favour of that of the house of Ali, green.
- It was only indirectly that the news reached the caliph, who then saw that Fadl had been treating him as a puppet.
- Fadl was one day found murdered, and Ali b.
- But Mamun generously pardoned him, as well as Fadl b.
- Mamun affected the profoundest grief, and, in order to disarm suspicion, appointed as his prime minister the brother of Fadl, Hasan b.Advertisement