Faculte sentence example
- In 1804 Vauquelin resigned his professorship at the College de France and successfully used his influence to obtain the appointment for Thenard, who six years later, after Fourcroy's death, was further elected to the chairs of chemistry at the Ecole Polytechnique and the Faculte des Sciences.
- Thus at one step Pasteur gained a place of honour among the chemists of the day, and was immediately appointed professor of chemistry at the Faculte of Science at Strasburg, where he soon afterwards married Mlle Laurent, who proved herself to be a true and noble helpmeet.
- So well was his position as a leading man of science now established that in 1854 he was appointed professor of chemistry and dean of the Faculte des Sciences at Lille.
- Power in the Melanges de la faculte orientate de l'universite Saint-Joseph, Beirut, 1906).
- Flammermont in Etudes critiques sur les sources de l'histoire du xviii e siecle: Les Memoires de Mme Campan, in the Bulletin de la Faculte des lettres de Poitiers (4th year, 1886, pp. 56, 109); J.Advertisement
- Under the Empire he was appointed a professor of history in the Faculte des lettres of Paris (1809), and elected as a member of the Academie franCaise (1810.
- In 1808 he became astronomer to the Bureau des Longitudes; and when the Faculte des Sciences was instituted in 1809 he was appointed professeur de la mecanique rationelle.
- See Francis Meunier, Essai sur la vie et les ouvrages de Nicole Oresme (Paris, 1857); Feret, La Faculte de theologie de 1' Universite de Paris (Paris, 1896, t.
- Metaphysique d'Aristote, suivi d'un essai de traduction des deux premiers livres; in 1836, Cours de philosophie professe a la faculte des lettres pendant l'annee 1818, and Ouvrages inedits d'Abelard.
- These are mainly embodied in his three great treatises, Cours d'analyse de l'Ecole Polytechnique (1821); Le Calcul infinitesimal (1823); Lecons sur les applications du calcul infinitesimal a la g'ometrie (1826-1828); and also in his courses of mechanics (for the Ecole Polytechnique), higher algebra (for the Faculte des Sciences), and of mathematical physics (for the College de France).Advertisement
- See Paul Tannery, "Sur la date des principales decouvertes de Fermat," in the Bulletin Darboux (1883); and "Les Manuscrits de Fermat," in the Annales de la faculte des lettres de Bordeaux.
- 438; (23) Expedition polaire finlandaise (1882-1884), tome iii.; (24) Charles Nordmann, Theses presentees a la Faculte des Sciences de Paris (1903); (25) Terrestrial Magnetism, vol.
- Poisson in the chair of mechanics in the Faculte des Sciences at Paris.