Fabulae sentence example
- The characters in his plays are the stock characters of the new comedy of Athens, and they remind us also of the standing figures of the Fabulae atellanae (Maccus, Bucco, Dossennus, &c.).
- The tragic writers had occasionally taken their subjects from Roman life (fabulae praetextae), and in comedy we find the corresponding togatae of Lucius Afranius and others, in which comedy, while assuming a Roman dress, did not assume the virtue of a Roman matron.
- Before any Greek text appeared, a Latin translation of zoo Fabulae Aesopicae by an Italian scholar named Ranuzio (Renutius) was published at Rome, 1476.1476.
- He was the first to give an artistic form to the Atellanae Fabulae by arranging beforehand the details of the plot which had hitherto been left to improvisation, and providing a written text.
- He immediately wrote a reply to Scioppius, entitled Confutatio fabulae Burdonum.Advertisement
- The town is mainly famous as the cradle of early Roman comedy, the Fabulae Atellanae (see below).