Fabri sentence example
- It had large gilds of fabri (smiths and carpenters) and centonarii (firemen) .
- - The colonel of the engineer and artillery corps (fabri) in a Roman army was called a praefect; he did not belong to the legion, but was directly subordinate to the general in command.
- As at Ostia, the various gilds were of considerable importance, but we find no centonarii or fabri, perhaps owing to its relations with the East, where these popular gilds were prohibited.
- One of that bishop's successors, Adhemar Fabri (1385-1388) codified and confirmed all the franchises, rights and privileges of the citizens (1387), this grant being the Magna Carta of the city of Geneva.
- To these we must add 18 centuries of knights, 4 of fabri, &c., and I of proletarii.Advertisement
- The total votes in the comitia would thus be 70+ too- 5 (fabri, &c.) +18 (knights), i.e.
- On the other hand the experiences and observations of Felix Fabri, a Dominican monk who came to Palestine about A.D.
- Indeed the 19th 1 This comparison is made in full realization of the fact that the Bordeaux record is a dry catalogue, and that Fabri's work is swelled by the miscellaneous gossip and " padding " which makes it one of the most delightful books ever written in the middle ages.
- Honore Fabri (Synopsis geometrica, 1669) treated of the curve and enumerated many theorems concerning it.