Fabio sentence example
- (Fabio Chigi), pope from 1655 to 1667, was born at Siena on the 13th of February 1599.
- He caused Borghese and a younger son named Fabio to be proclaimed as rebels, while a third son, Cardinal Alphonso, was strangled by order of Leo X.
- insisted on the recall of Fabio Petrucci; but two years later a fresh popular outbreak drove him from Siena for ever.
- Fabio Chigi, on being made pope (Alexander VII.) in 1655, conferred the Roman patriciate on his family, and created his nephew Agostino prince of Farnese and duke of Ariccia, and the emperor Leopold I.
- Successive observers in Italy, notably Fracastoro (1483-1553), Fabio Colonna (1567-1640 or 1650) and Nicolaus Steno (1638 - c. 1687), a Danish anatomist, professor in Padua, advanced the still embryonic science and set forth the principle of comparison of fossil with living forms. Near the end of the 17th century Martin Lister (1638-1712), examining the Mesozoic shell types of England, recognized the great similarity as well as the differences between these and modern species, and insisted on the need of close comparison of fossil and living shells, yet he clung to the old view that fossils were sports of nature.Advertisement
- The second palace is that of the archbishops, the fine facade of which is the work of Fabio Magnone.
- Thence the Via Bollo leads to the Piazza della Rosa, in which is situated the renowned Biblioteca Ambrosiana, erected in1603-1609by Fabio Manzone, to whom the Palazzo del Senato is also due, rich in MSS.
- addendum source: Fabio Picasso Type: E 63.
- Jud Birza, nicknamed "Fabio" for his long blond hair, was a bit of an underdog throughout the season, but he managed to win over the jury and beat out Chase Rice and Sash Lenahan for the title.