Fabii sentence example
- Athens has Fabii and Claudii, but no Catuli or Metelli; Venice has Catuli and Metelli, but no Fabii or Claudii.
- (Botaniates), emperor 1078-1081, belonged to a family which claimed descent from the Roman Fabii and rose to be commander of the troops in Asia.
- It is famous for the defeat of the three hundred Fabii, who had established a fortified post on its banks.
- His worship, introduced from the Greek colonies in Etruria and in the south of Italy, seems to have been established in Rome from the earliest times, as two old Patrician genies were associated with his cult and the Fabii claimed him as their ancestor.
- The story of the slaughter of the Fabii, who had encamped in the territory of Veii, and of whom but one boy escaped, is well known.Advertisement
- Liebermann), pp. 220-224; Fabii Ethelwerdi Chron., Mon.
- But he unquestionably gave undue prominence to the tales of the prowess and glory of the Fabii, and probably also allowed his own strong aristocratic sympathies to colour his version of the early political controversies.