Eyton sentence example
- C. Eyton to have some very exceptional osteological features, and these were found to be also common to Pteroptochus and Scytalopus.
- In 1836 appeared Eyton's History of the rarer British Birds, intended as a sequel to Bewick's well-known volumes, to which no important additions had been made since the issue of 1821.
- C. Eyton, who for many years had been forming a collection of birds' skeletons, began the publication of a series of plates representing them.
- For the chronology of the controversy see Eyton's Itinerary of Henry II.
- Eyton in his history of Shropshire identifies it with one of the "Ludes" mentioned in the Domesday Survey, which was held by Roger de Lacy of Osbern FitzRichard and supposes that Roger built the castle soon after 1086, while a chronicle of the FitzWarren family attributes the castle to Roger earl of Shrewsbury.Advertisement