Evarts sentence example
- Evarts to prosecute Jefferson Davis, whose admission to bail he counselled.
- This firm and its successor, that of Evarts, Choate & Beaman, remained for many years among the leading law firms of New York and of the country, the activities of both being national rather than local.
- When it was clear that Evarts could not be elected, his supporters threw their votes for a third candidate, Ira Harris, who was thus chosen over Greeley by a small majority.
- Evarts; and in 1881 was a delegate to the International Sanitary Conference, which met in Washington, D.C., and of which he was chosen president.
- As an orator Senator Evarts stood in the foremost rank, and some of his best speeches were published.Advertisement