Evander sentence example
- According to the story, Evander left the Arcadian town of Pallantion about sixty years before the Trojan War and founded Pallanteum or Palatium on the hill afterwards called the Palatine.
- To this victory was assigned the founding of the Ara maxima by Evander.
- Fabius Pictor, a patrician and a senator, can scarcely have published his annals before the close of the Second Punic War, but these annals covered the whole period from the arrival of Evander in Italy down at least to the battle by Lake Trasimene (217 B.C.).
- The origin of these games was generally attributed to Romulus; but by some they were considered an imitation of the Arcadian ilroroKpisrECa introduced by Evander.
- To Evander was attributed the introduction of Greek rites and customs into his new country; of writing, music and other arts; of the worship of Pan (called Faunus by the Italians) and the festival of Lupercalia.Advertisement
- Probably Evander was identical with the god Faunus (the "favourer"), and the tale of his Arcadian origin was due to the desire to establish connexion with Greece; the name of his reputed mother (or wife) Carmenta is genuinely Italian.
- She also interviewed Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson and most recently, Sarah Palin.
- Incidentally, one of the worst moments in his career was when he bit off Evander Holyfield's ear.