Eudrilidae sentence example
- A complex network, however, does occur in Lybiodrilus and certain other Eudrilidae, where the paired nephridia possess ducts leading to the exterior which ramify and anastomose on the thickness of the body wall.
- It is indeed only among the Eudrilidae that the enclosure of the ovaries in septal sacs is at all general.
- There are, however, in the Eudrilidae, as already mentioned, sacs envolving the ovaries which bore their own way to the exterior, and thus may be termed coelomoducts.
- In the Eudrilidae there are spermathecae of different morphological value.
- These two lastmentioned types show features which can be, as it seems, matched in the Eudrilidae.Advertisement
- We have here clearly a case of a true coelomoduct performing the function of an oviduct in both leeches and Eudrilidae.
- The facts just referred to suggest further comparisons between the Hirudinea and Eudrilidae.
- In the former, the duct, leading from the ovarian sac, and swelling along its course into the spherical sac, the "spermatheca," is highly suggestive of the oviduct and receptaculum of the Eudrilidae.
- There is thus a broad resemblance to the Eudrilidae, to which group of Oligochaeta the Hirudinea are further akin by reason of the invariably unpaired condition of the generative apertures, and the existence of a copulatory apparatus (both of which characters, however, are present occasionally in other Oligochaeta).