Etats sentence example
- P. Gachard, Actes des etats generaux des Pays Bas, 1576-1585 (Brussels, 1861-1866); and the Calendars of State Papers, Foreign Series, Elizabeth (London, 1863-1901).
- In 1788 he published Deputation aux Etats generaux, a pamphlet remarkable for its bold exposition of liberal principles, and partly on the strength of this he was elected deputy to the states-general by the Third Estate of the bailliage of Metz.
- It was not till 1876 that he published, in two volumes, his remarkable Histoire de la formation territoriale des etats de l'Europe centrale, in which he showed with a firm, but sometimes slightly heavy touch, the reciprocal influence exerted by geography and history.
- In the north corner of the courtyard is the Salle des Etats, which, together with the donjon in the west corner, survives from the 13th century.
- In that year and the next he was procureur-syndic des Etats de Normandie.Advertisement
- In his Histoire des francais des divers etats, ou histoire de France aux cinq derniers siecles (10 vols., 1828-1844) he undertook to describe the different classes and occupations of the community.