Etain sentence example
- More remarkable still is the story of Etain.
- At the wedding feast Eochaid 's younger brother Ailell was suddenly smitten with a desperate love and longing for Etain.
- The legend of Etain has no doubt inspired more than a few butterfly tattoos.
- Etain was a fairy maiden whose beauty was so great that the Faery King Midir fell in love with her at first sight.
- Using her fairy magic, she turned Etain into a butterfly, and conjured a great storm to blow her far away from Midir.Advertisement
- For seven years, Etain existed as a butterfly, flitting from place to place without a home of her own.
- Eventually, tales of the beautiful butterfly reached the ears of the jealous Queen, who quickly sparked another storm to blow Etain away once more, but this time Etain was far more fortunate.
- Midir challenged the High King to three games of chess, and the prize for the winner was a kiss from Etain.
- Midir won the match, and when he kissed Etain, she remembered who he was.
- Midir, using his magic, disguised the two of them as swans and flew away with Etain.Advertisement
- Although the mortal King waged war against the fairies and searched for Etain, he never saw her again.