Et-tin sentence example
- The cape at the western end of the peninsula is Ras et-Tin (Cape of Figs); the eastern cape is known as Pharos or Kait Bey.
- This Arab quarter is traversed by the rue Ras et-Tin, leading to the promontory of that name.
- Here, overlooking the harbour, is the khedivial yacht club (built 1903) and the palace, also called Ras et-Tin, built by Mehemet Ali, a large but not otherwise noteworthy building.
- The breakwater starts opposite the promontory of Ras et-Tin, on which is a lighthouse, 180 ft.
- All that now lies between that point and the modern Ras et-Tin quarter is built on the silt which gradually widened and obliterated this mole.Advertisement
- The Ras et-Tin quarter represents all that is left of the island of Pharos, the site of the actual lighthouse having been weathered away by the sea.
- He restored its water communication with the Nile by making the Mahmudiya canal, finished in 1820; and he established at Ras et-Tin his favourite residence.
- Other catacombs and tombs have been opened in Kom es-Shugafa Hadra (Roman) and Ras et-Tin (painted).