Estrella sentence example
- It ascends the Parana to the great falls of Guayra, or Sete Quedas, and thence westward along the water-parting of the Sierra de Maracayu to the cerro of that name, thence northerly along the Sierra d'Amambay to the source of the Estrella, a small tributary of the Apa, and thence down those two streams to the Paraguay.
- Among the works produced for the first time or rehearsed with a view to the furtherance of musical art were Wagner's Tannhduser, Der fliegende Hollander, Das Liebesmahl der Apostel, and Eine Faust Overture, Berlioz's Benvenuto Cellini, the Symphonie Fantastique, Harold en Italie, Romeo et Juliette, La Damnation de Faust, and L'Enfance du Christ - the last two conducted by the composer - Schumann's Genoveva, Paradise and the the music to Manfred and to Faust, Weber's Euryanthe, Schubert's Alfonso and Estrella, Raff's Kanig Alfred, Cornelius's Der Barbier von Baghdad and many more.
- The bleak and desolate heights of the Serra da Estrella and the ranges of the northern frontier are almost alpine in character, although they nowhere reach the limit of perpetual snow.
- South of these ranges, but nominally included in the same system, is the Serra da Estrella, the loftiest ridge in Portugal (6532 ft.).
- The Estrella Mountains, which enclose the headwaters of the Mondego in a deep ravine, stretch from north-east to south-west and are continued in the same direction by the Serra de Lousa (3944 ft.).Advertisement
- The greater part of the Serra da Estrella constitutes the watershed between the Mondego and Zezere.
- Between the Douro and Tagus the Vouga rises in the Serra da Lapa and reaches the sea through the lagoon of Aveiro; the Mondego flows north-east through a long ravine in the Serra da Estrella, and then bends back so as to flow west-south-west.
- The rainfall is heaviest in the north and on the Serra da Estrella; it is least in Algarve.
- Wolves are found in the wilder parts of the Serra da Estrella, and wild boars are preserved in some districts.
- The Serra da Estrella has a rich alpine flora, and the lagoon of Aveiro contains a great number of aquatic plants.Advertisement
- In all, rather more than 45% of the country is uncultivated, chiefly in Alemtejo, Traz-os-Montes and the Serra da Estrella.
- The Serra da Estrella, in Portugal, is usually regarded as a fourth section in the CarpetanoVetonica chain.
- Estrella, (O'Hara ), a Gypsy fortune teller at a carnival, transforms her clients into zombies by throwing acid on them.
- Regular river navigation begins only at Abrantes, a few miles below which the Tagus is greatly widened by receiving on its right bank the impetuous Zezere from the Serra da Estrella.
- This stunning Estrella evening dress looks fabulous in hyacinth violet, red or black.Advertisement
- Alcanzar Una Estrella is one telenovelas that followed the life of an aspiring pop music band.