Esmeraldas sentence example
- On the western versant of the Andes of Ecuador there are three river systems of considerable size - the Mira, the Esmeraldas and the Guayas.
- The Esmeraldas drains all that part of the central plateau lying between the transverse ridge of Tiupullo on the south, and the Imbabura ridge on the north, together with the western slopes of the Cordillera between Iliniza and Cotocachi, and a considerable part of the lower plain.
- The port of Esmeraldas, near the mouth of the Esmeraldas river, is located near the southern entrance to this bay.
- Less frequent calls are made at Esmeraldas and some of the other small ports on the coast, of which there are nine in all.
- It is also found in the provinces of Loja, Esmeraldas, and in the river-beds along the eastern slopes of the Andes.Advertisement
- Iron ores and lead are credited to several provinces, and platinum has been found in Esmeraldas, where emerald mines have been worked ever since the Spanish conquest.
- His power was first restricted to Guayaquil and Esmeraldas, and finally General Rinaldo Flores drove him from Guayaquil, and Veintemilla fled (July 1883) to Peru.