Ermolov sentence example
- At that time a famous joke of Ermolov's was being circulated, that as a great favor he had petitioned the Emperor to make him a German.
- Ermolov had weason to ask to be pwomoted to be a German!
- Ermolov, Kaysarov, and Toll, who had just arrived, sat down on this bench.
- Ermolov, Dokhturov, and Raevski agreed with Bennigsen.
- He was told by his fellow officers that the screams of the crowd and the shrieks of the woman were due to the fact that General Ermolov, coming up to the crowd and learning that soldiers were dispersing among the shops while crowds of civilians blocked the bridge, had ordered two guns to be unlimbered and made a show of firing at the bridge.Advertisement
- I haven't time just now, replied Ermolov, and left the hut.
- A young officer of the Horse Guards, Kutuzov's orderly, pleased at the importance of the mission entrusted to him, went to Ermolov's quarters.
- The officer of the Horse Guards went to a general with whom Ermolov was often to be found.
- One man said he had seen Ermolov ride past with some other generals, others said he must have returned home.
- Ermolov was nowhere to be found and no one knew where he was.Advertisement
- The officer was admitted and immediately saw all the chief generals of the army together, and among them Ermolov's big imposing figure.
- Ermolov came forward with a frown on his face and, hearing what the officer had to say, took the papers from him without a word.
- His wrath, once expended, did not return, and blinking feebly he listened to excuses and self-justifications (Ermolov did not come to see him till the next day) and to the insistence of Bennigsen, Konovnitsyn, and Toll that the movement that had miscarried should be executed next day.
- Ermolov screwed up his eyes and smiled faintly on hearing these words.
- Ermolov wished to act on his own judgment, but Dokhturov insisted that he must have Kutuzov's instructions.Advertisement
- Ermolov, Miloradovich, Platov, and others in proximity to the French near Vyazma could not resist their desire to cut off and break up two French corps, and by way of reporting their intention to Kutuzov they sent him a blank sheet of paper in an envelope.
- Toll, Konovnitsyn, and Ermolov received fresh appointments.