Erith sentence example
- Erith has large engineering and gun factories, and in the neighbourhood are gunpowder, oil, glue and manure works.
- Erith, the name of which is commonly derived from A.S.
- In the tideway the principal affluents of the Thames are the Brent at Brentford, the Wandle at Wandsworth, the Ravensbourne at Deptford, the Lea at Blackwall, the Darent just below Erith, and the Ingrebourne at Rainham, besides the Medway.
- Gunpowder is manufactured near Erith and Faversham and elsewhere.
- The municipal boroughs are Bromley (pop. 27,354), Canterbury, a city and county borough (24,889), Chatham (37,057), Deal (10,581), Dover (4 1, 794), Faversham (11,290), Folkestone (30,650), Gillingham (42,530), Gravesend (27,196), Hythe (5557), Lydd (2675), Maidstone (33,516), Margate (23,118), New Romney (1328), Queenborough (1544), Ramsgate (2 7,733), Rochester, a city (30,590), Sandwich (3170), Tenterden (324.3), Tunbridge Wells (33,373) The urban districts are Ashford (12,808), Beckenham (26,331), Bexley (12,918), Broadstairs and St Peter's (6466), Cheriton (7091), Chislehurst (7429), Dartford (18,644), Erith (25,296), Foots Cray (5817), Herne Bay (6726), Milton (7086), Northfleet (12,906), Penge (22,465), Sandgate (2294), Sevenoaks (8106), Sheerness (18,179), Sittingbourne (8943), Southborough (6977), Tonbridge (12,736), Walmer (5614), Whitstable (7086), Wrotham (3571).Advertisement
- Other houses of which there are slight remains are Lesnes abbey, near Erith, and Bilsington priory near Ashford, established in 1178 and 1253 respectively, and both belonging to the Augustinian canons; and the house of Franciscans at Canterbury (1225).
- Organization Erith School is the only bilateral school in Bexley.
- Take the 3rd exit to " Erith Town Center ", the playhouse is signed from there.
- The lorries followed the old trackbed of the railroad and never left Company property, even using the level crossings in Erith.
- The wheat sheaf is from the crest of the Wheatley family, Lords of the Manor of Erith until 1875.Advertisement
- There are big busy roads all the way to Plumstead, then suburban backroads to Erith.
- Erith is the headquarters of several yacht clubs.
- The red stags with the golden antlers come from the crest of Erith where they were a connection with Lord Eardley of Belvedere House.