Erewash sentence example
- The Erewash is the boundary stream between Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
- The Trent & Mersey canal crosses the southern part of the county, and there is a branch canal (the Derby) connecting Derby with this and with the Erewash canal, which runs north from the Trent up the Erewash valley.
- The remains of castles are few; the ancient Bolsover Castle is replaced by a castellated mansion of the 17th century; of the Norman Peak Castle near Castleton little is left; of Codnor Castle in the Erewash valley there are picturesque ruins of the 13th century.
- It is situated on a hill commanding fine views of the Erewash valley.
- This allowed boats from the Erewash Canal, which were heading west, to avoid the often troublesome stretches of the River Trent.Advertisement
- The ruin of the ancient moated castle of Codnor stands, overlooking the vale of the Erewash, on land which was once Codnor Park,, and is now the site of large ironworks.