Eregli sentence example
- Modern Eregli had grown from a large village to a town since the railway reached it from Konia and Karaman in 1904; and it has now an hotel and good shops.
- The line was thus continued to a station taking its name from Bulgurlu, a small straggling village four miles away, between which and Eregli there is not a single habitation.
- In 1904 the line was completed from Konia through Eregli to Bulgurli.
- There are coal-mines at and near Eregli (anc. Heracleia) which yield steam coal nearly as good in quality as the English, but they are badly worked.
- In1904-1905the first two sections of the Bagdad railway, 117 m., to Karaman and Eregli, were built.Advertisement
- Coal also is known to exist near Eregli (Heraclea).
- Carboniferous rocks occur at Eregli (Heraclea Pontica), where they have been worked for coal.
- The little town of Eregli, some 190 kilometres distant from Konia, presented the only excusable locality for the terminus of the first section, and even that place is 90 kilometres distant from Karaman, the last town of any importance for some hundreds of miles on the way to the Euphrates valley, the country between the two towns being desolate and sparsely inhabited.