Erde sentence example
- This has been done with success and in great detail by Grisebach, whose Vegetation der Erde from this point of view is still unsurpassed.
- Suess, Das Antlitz der Erde (Vienna,1885) (English translation, Oxford, 1904)should be consulted.
- The Statesman's Year Book for 1907 estimates it at 4,279,674 in 1905, including about 150,000 wild Indians, while Supan's Die Bevolkerung der Erde (1904) places it at 3,917,000 in 1899.
- His son, GEORG ADOLF ERMAN (1806-1877), was born in Berlin on the 12th of May 1806, and after studying natural science at Berlin and Konigsberg, spent from 1828 to 1830 in a journey round the world, an account of which he published in Reise urn die Erde durch Nordasien and die beiden Ozeane (1833-1848).
- If the level of the sea were to become coincident with the mean level of the lithosphere, there would result one tri-radiate land-mass of nearly uniform outline and one continuous sheet of water ' Das Antlitz der Erde (4 vols., Leipzig, 1885, 1888, 1901).Advertisement