Erasistratus sentence example
- Iulis was the birthplace of the lyric poets Simonides and Bacchylides, the philosophers Prodicus and Ariston, and the physician Erasistratus; the excellence of its laws was so generally recognized that the title of Cean Laws passed into a proverb.
- Two eminent names stand in the first rank as leaders of the two earliest schools of medicine which arose in Alexandria, Herophilus and Erasistratus.
- Erasistratus, instead of following Hippocrates as Herophilus did, depreciated him, and seems to have been rather aggressive and independent in his views.
- The two schools composed of the followers of Herophilus and Erasistratus respectively long divided between them the medical world of Alexandria.
- The school of Erasistratus was less distinguished in anatomy than that of Herophilus, but paid more attention to the special symptoms of diseases, and employed a great variety of drugs.Advertisement
- The science of medicine had distinguished representatives in Herophilus and Erasistratus, the two first great anatomists.
- A generation afterwards Erasistratus made this the basis of a new theory of diseases and their treatment.