Epochmaking sentence example
- His two newspapers, the Illyrian National Gazette and the Danica Ilirska (Illyrian Daystar) provided a literary focus for the rising generation; while his reform of Croat orthography, planned on parallel lines with Vuk Karadzic's epochmaking philological work in Serbia, assured to modern SerboCroat literature a definitely unitary development.
- He concluded a concordat with Rudolph of Habsburg in May 1278, by which the Romagna and the exarchate of Ravenna were guaranteed to the pope; and in July he issued an epochmaking constitution for the government of Rome, which forbade foreigners taking civil office.
- This was his first work, and from 1842 to 1894, the year of his death, scarcely a year passed without several important, and in some cases epochmaking, papers on scientific subjects coming from his pen.
- He inaugurated the tactics by which his grandson and great-grandson were to win epochmaking victories abroadEthiiards reign lasted br thirty-five years, and was equally important in constitutional development and in imperial policy.
- Though this may dishearten the systematist, Scourfield (1900) reminds us that " It was in a water-flea that Metschni koff first saw the leucocytes (or phagocytes) trying to get rid of disease germs by swallowing them, and was so led to his epochmaking discovery of the part played by these minute amoeboid corpuscles in the animal body."Advertisement