Epigoni sentence example
- Ten years later, to avenge their fathers, the Epigoni undertook a second expedition, which was completely successful.
- In early times the war of the Epigoni was a favourite subject of epic poetry.
- He took part in the expedition of the Epigoni against Thebes and in the Trojan War.
- This expedition was called the war of the "Epigoni" or descendants, and ended in the taking and destruction of Thebes.
- The statues of the Epigoni stood on a semicircular basis on the south side of the way.Advertisement
- He is acquainted with the poems of the epic cycle, the Cypria, the Epigoni, &c. He quotes or otherwise shows familiarity with the writings of Hesiod, Olen, Musaeus, Bacis, Lysistratus, Archilochus of Paros, Alcaeus, Sappho, Solon, Aesop, Aristeas of Proconnesus, Simonides of Ceos, Phrynichus, Aeschylus and Pindar.
- After the destruction of Thebes by the Epigoni, Alcmaeon carried out his father's injunctions by killing his mother, as a punishment for which he was driven mad and pursued by the Erinyes from place to place.
- Later Greek Logic. After Aristotle we have, as regards logic, what the verdict of after times has rightly characterized as an age of Epigoni.
- As to the Epigoni, which carried on the Theban story, some doubt seems to have been felt.
- Why have the works of Arctinus escaped the attraction which drew to the name of Homer such epics as the Cypria, the Little Iliad, the Thebaid, the Epigoni, the Taking of Oechalia and the Phocais.Advertisement
- The Theban cycle is represented by the Thebaid (which Callinus, who was of the 7th century, ascribed to Homer) and the Epigoni.