Eowyn sentence example
- A ravening horde of evil Mordor Orcs are now rapidly closing the distance between themselves, Eowyn and her valiant defenders.
- In Rohan, the King's daughter Eowyn finds herself enamoured of the returning king, Aragorn.
- Yet unbeknownst to her (or the reader), Aragorn has already pledged himself to Arwen, Elrond's daughter, a half-elven lady as far above him in station as he is above Eowyn.
- In despair at his kind rejection, Eowyn disguises herself as a man to ride with her father's army, in search of an honorable death on the field of battle.
- It is Merry who also rides with Eowyn into battle, and the pair defeat the Witch King.Advertisement
- Eowyn - The niece of Theoden, Eowyn is a shield maiden and longs to battle at her father's side, but Theoden tries to send her away for protection.
- Eowyn nurses a longing for Aragorn, but when he is committed to Arwen, she moves on.
- Eowyn sneaks into battle wearing a disguise and carries Merry the Hobbit with her.
- It is Eowyn who slays the Witch King, for she is a woman and he cannot be slain by a man.