Entretiens sentence example
- But it was by his Nouveaux Dialogues des morts (1683) that Fontenelle established a genuine claim to high literary rank; and that claim was enhanced three years later by the appearance of the Entretiens sur la pluralite des mondes (1686), a work which was among the very first to illustrate the possibility of being scientific without being either uninteresting or unintelligible to the ordinary reader.
- Daniel also wrote a by no means successful reply to Pascal's Provincial Letters, entitled Entretiens de Cleanthe provinciales (1694); two treatises on the Cartesian theory as to the intelligence of the lower animals, and other works.
- In 1846 he published his Entretiens de village, which procured him the Montyon prize, and of which six editions were called for the same year.
- Paul Adam and Bernard Lazare, in the pages of a periodical entitled Entretiens politiques et litteraires (1890-92).
- Besides the works which we have named, there were published posthumously his Entretiens, i.e.Advertisement