Endor sentence example
- The forcefield generator of the new station is located on the moon of Endor, so the rebellion makes its plans.
- Leia and Han head to Endor with the ground team, while Luke goes to confront Vader.
- The Ewoks and rebels on Endor attack the forces protecting the field generator, and Luke battles alone against Vader and the Emperor.
- In Return of the Jedi, Han reluctantly let Lando pilot the Falcon in the battle against the reconstructed Death Star when his mission took him to the moon of Endor.
- Accordingly King Saul "ate no bread all the day nor all the night" in which the witch of Endor revealed to him the ghost of Samuel.Advertisement
- The ancient capital, Jezreel (Zerin), is now a miserable village on a precipitous spur of Gilboa; north of this are the small mud hamlets, Solam (Shunem), Endur (Endor), Nein (Nain); on the west side of the plain is the ruin of Lej j fin (the Legio of the 4th century, which was then a place of importance).
- At the age of thirteen he wrote a cantata, " Saul and the Witch of Endor ", which as privately printed.
- It seems to have been common among the Jews, and the case of the witch of Endor is narrated in a way to suggest something beyond fraud; in the book of magic which bears the name of Dr Faustus may be found many of the formulae for raising demons; in England may be mentioned especially Dr Dee as one of the most famous of those who claimed before the days of modern spiritualism to have intercourse with the unseen world and to summon demons at his will.
- Quick thinking allows the ship to sail toward open space at light speed, overshooting its original destination of Endor.