Encyc sentence example
- " Samuel ibn Adiya" in Jewish Encyc. and authorities there quoted), and some Christians such as `Adi'ibn Zaid of Hira, who sang alike of the pleasures of drink and of death (ed.
- See Jewish Encyc. i.
- 193-212; Siegfried in Jewish Encyc. v.
- Bruce, Chief End of Revelation (1881), The Miraculous Element in the Gospels (1886), Apologetics (1892), and other works; Bruce's posthumous article, " Jesus " in Encyc. Bib., was understood by some as exchanging Christian orthodoxy for bare theism, but probably its tone of aloofness is due to the attempt to keep well within the limits of what the author considered pure scientific history.
- See Moore in Encyc. Bibl., " Sacrifice," col.Advertisement
- I See Sayce, Early Israel, pp. 281 ff., and Encyc. Brit., 10th ed., vol.
- See RECHABITES; Encyc. Bibl.
- Bibl., Bible Dict., and Jewish Encyc. The Greek text is best given in Swete iii., and the Syriac will be found in Walton's Polyglot, Lagarde and Neubauer's Tobit.