Encomiast sentence example
- Arabic poetry is in the main encomiastic and personal, and from the beginning of the Omayyad period sovereigns and governors paid poets to celebrate their achievements; of those of importance who are connected with Egypt we may mention Nusaib, encomiast of ~Abd al-Aziz b.
- 345; Abul-Raqamaq, encomiast of al-Moizz, d.
- Abd al-Whid), encomiast of the Fa~imite al-~ahir, d.
- al-Qasim), encomiast of Ilakim; All b.
- Abbad al-Iskandari, encomiast of the vizier al-Afdal, executed by IIafi~ Ibn Qalaqis al-Iskandari, encomiast of the Ayyubites, d.Advertisement
- Mameti, encomiast of the Ayyubites, d.
- 616; Ibn Sana al-Mulk, encomiast of the Ayyubites, d.
- 626; Ibn Matrub, encomiast of the Ayyubites, d.
- 654; Bah aldin Zuhair, encomiast of al-Salib, d.
- The Encomiast (a contemporary, tho, admittedly, not unimpeachable, source) says that Edward was the elder.Advertisement