Empoli sentence example
- Thence it runs westward to Florence and through the gorge of Golfolina onwards to Empoli and Pisa, receiving various tributaries in its course, and falls into the sea 71 m.
- The finest figure produced by these events was that of Francesco Ferruccio; by his defence of Empoli he showed himself a first-class soldier, and was appointed commissioner-general.
- EMPOLI, a town of Tuscany, Italy, in the province of Florence, from which it is 20 M.
- The painter Jacopo Chimenti (Jacopo da Empoli), 1554-1640, was born here.
- Empoli is on the main railway line from Florence to Pisa, and is the point of divergence of a line to Siena.Advertisement
- The place of his birth was Vinci, a castello or fortified hill village in the Florentine territory near Empoli, from which his father's family derived its name.
- Siena stands on a branch leaving the Florence-Pisa line at Empoli and running through the centre of Tuscany to Chiusi, where it joins the Florence-Rome railway.