Emmaus sentence example
- Judas was at Emmaus; " the men of the citadel " guided a detachment of the Syrian troops to his encampment by night.
- The Cotton MS. in the British Museum, written probably late in the 10th century, is nearly complete, ending in the middle of the story of the journey to Emmaus.
- Little is known of his personal history, except that he lived at Emmaus, and that he went on an embassy to the emperor Heliogabalus to ask for the restoration of the town, which had fallen into ruins.
- His mission succeeded, and Emmaus was henceforward known as Nicopolis.
- He supplies, however, an account of the appearance to the two disciples at Emmaus and to the whole body of the apostles in Jerusalem.Advertisement
- Scope There are endless permutations to the way Emmaus material can be used: The simplest option is to run just the Nurture courses.
- Emmaus Communities offer homeless men and women a home, work and the chance to rebuild their self-respect in a supportive community environment.
- They manufactured electrical switches in Emmaus, Pennsylvania.