Emilion sentence example
- A fine belfry (12th, 13th and 15th centuries) commanding the town is built on the terrace, beneath which are hollowed in the rock the oratory and hermitage of St Emilion, and adjoining them an ancient monolithic church of considerable dimensions.
- St Emilion is celebrated for its wines.
- Buzot was outlawed, and fled to the neighbourhood of Bordeaux, and committed suicide in the woods of St Emilion on the 18th of June 1794.
- The subsoils of some of the other districts (Cotes and St Emilion) contain much stone in the shape of flint and quartz.
- Although properly belonging to the Cotes, the St Emilion district is sometimes classified separately, as indeed, having regard to the excellence and variety of its wines, it has a right to be.Advertisement
- The best of the Cotes wines are grown in the St Emilion St reg i on.
- This region consists of the commune of St Emilion, together with the four surrounding communes.
- 'The classification of the St Emilion wines is very complicated, but in principle is similar to that of the Medoc wines.
- The vineyards continue along the Dordogne valley through St Emilion and Bergerac.
- Picturesque St Emilion is located amidst the lush vineyards of the Dordogne Valley.Advertisement
- It's not Pauillac, not Graves, not St. Emilion, not Pomerol-it's the Premières Côtes de Bordeaux, a 30-mile strip of vineyards on the steep bank and hills north of the Garonne River.
- Together with winemaker Daniel Baron, they follow the one winery, one wine principle and produce a single Merlot reflecting the Pomerol and St. Emilion way.