Emilie sentence example
- After his return, he tried to keep on good terms with his father, and in 1772 he married a rich heiress, Marie Emilie, daughter of the marquess de Marignane, an alliance procured for him by his father.
- Charriere, Agnes Isabelle Emilie De (1740-1805), Swiss author, was Dutch by birth, her maiden name being van Tuyll van Seeroskerken van Zuylen.
- He himself was safe in the independent duchy of Lorraine with Emilie de Breteuil, marquise du Chatelet,' with whom he began to be intimate in 1733; he had now taken up his abode with her at the château of Cirey.
- If the English visit may be regarded as having finished 1 Gabrielle Emilie Le Tonnelier de Breteuil, marquise du Chatelet (1706-1749), was the daughter of the baron de Breteuil, and married the marquis du Chatelet-Lomont in 1725.
- Emilie and W.Advertisement
- He was arbitrary and avaricious like his father, and moreover shocked public sentiment by his treatment of his wife, a popular Prussian princess, and his relations with his mistress, one Emilie Ortlopp, created countess of Reichenbach, whom he loaded with wealth.
- The best novelist of the time was Emilie Flygare-Carlen (1807-1892).
- The blot on it is certainly the character of Emilie, who is spiteful and thankless, not heroic. Polyeucte has sometimes been elevated to the same position.
- He himself was safe in the independent duchy of Lorraine with Emilie de Breteuil, marquise du Chatelet,' with whom he began to be intimate in 1733; he had now taken up his abode with her at the chÃ¢teau of Cirey.
- He began reading about the sufferings and virtuous struggles of a certain Emilie de Mansfeld.Advertisement