Emeutes sentence example
- He was one of the leaders of the emeutes of the 20th of June and the 10th of August 1792, played an important part in the formation of the revolutionary commune which assured the success of the latter coup, and was made procureur of the commune.
- The effectiveness of the new force was first tried in the suppression of a revolt of the Albanians in Cairo (1823) by six disciplined Sudanese regiments; after which Mehemet Ali was no more troubled with military emeutes.
- Somewhat serious emeutes followed in Seoul and elsewhere, and the Japanese proposals for a new convention, increasing the powers of the resident general, had to be presented to the cabinet under a strong guard.
- He suppressed, sternly and vigorously, emeutes in Paris in 1831 and 1832, 1834 and 1839.
- Several emeutes had already taken place, and by the 22nd of June 1848 a formidable insurrection had been organized.Advertisement
- At the outset the superficial resemblance between the revolutionary movement in Russia and that of 1789 in France was The striking: there was the same breakdown of the traditional machinery of government, the same general outcry for control by a representative national assembly, the same gradual and reluctant concessions wrung from the crown under pressure of disaffection in the army, popular emeutes, the assassination of unpopular officials, and the burning of country houses by organized bands of peasants.