Embrasure sentence example
- West wall: splayed window with modern ashlar in embrasure.
- Next a wooden lintel immured in the wall but there is no evidence of a blocked embrasure.
- West wall: devoid of features except for splayed rectangular embrasure which narrows to the two-centred tower doorway at its far end.
- East wall: deeply splayed two-centred embrasure for the window.
- North wall: single deeply splayed window with arched embrasure.Advertisement
- South wall: windows plus segmental-headed door embrasure, and small arched niche for piscina.
- Sanctuary south wall: square-headed window embrasure with original sandstone dressings.
- West wall: slightly splayed doorway embrasure with two-centred arch.
- North wall: deep basal splay to embrasure, the masonry having heavy pointing.
- Thir, the commander of the Albanians, then repaired to the citadel, gained admittance through an embrasure, and, having obtained possession of it, began to cannonade the pasha over the roofs of the intervening houses, and then descended with guns to the Ezbekia and laid close siege to the palace.Advertisement