Embiidae sentence example
- The Embiidae are feeble, somewhat soft-skinned insects with the prothorax small and the mesothorax and metathorax elongate.
- Some Embiidae are entirely wingless in the adult state, and it has been suggested that this is always the condition in the female sex.
- The Embiidae live in warm countries, and are very retiring in their habits, hiding under stones where they spin webs formed of silk produced by glands in the basal segments of the fore-feet.
- They are relatively shorter and broader insects than the Embiidae with large prothorax and long wings, which have a transverse line of weakness at the base and are usually shed after the nuptial flight.
- Includes two families, formerly reckoned among the Neuroptera - the Embiidae and the Termitidae or " White Ants " (see Termite).Advertisement