Emanuele sentence example
- The four modern shipsthe Vittorio Emanuele class, laid down in 1897have a tonnage of 12,625, two 12-in, and twelve 8-in.
- In the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele are two granite columns erected by the Venetians, in 1483, with statues of SS.
- [[[Ranieri Carlo Emanuele Giovanni Humbert|CARLO EMANUELE]]] (1562-1630), duke of Savoy, succeeded his father, Emmanuel Philibert, in 1580.
- Raulich, Storia di Carlo Emanuele I.
- The centre of the town is formed by the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele (formerly Piazza Maggiore), and the Piazza del Nettuno, which lie at right angles to one another.Advertisement
- They are held in the public square, the curious and historic Piazza del Campo (now Piazza di Vittorio Emanuele) in shape resembling an ancient theatre, on the 2nd of July and the 16th of August of each year; they date from the middle ages and were instituted in commemoration of victories and in honour of the Virgin Mary (the old title of Siena, as shown by seals and medals, having been "Sena vetus civitas Virginis").
- Appointed minister for public instruction in 1873, he, with feverish activity, reformed the Italian educational system, suppressed the privileges of the university of Naples, founded the Vittorio Emanuele library in Rome, and prevented the establishment of a Catholic university in the capital.
- Costanzo stands in the spacious Piazza Vittorio Emanuele in the centre of the town.
- Leading east-north-east from the Piazza del Duomo, the centre of Milanese traffic, especially of electric trams, is the Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
- Connecting the piazza with the neighbouring Piazza della Scala is the famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, a great arcade in the form of a Latin cross, with an octagon in the centre, crowned at the height of 160 ft.Advertisement
- Claretta's La Successione di Emanuele Filiberto (Turin, 1884).
- An outer harbour, 247 acres in area, has been constructed in front of this by extending the Molo Nuovo by the Molo Duca di Galliera, and another basin, the Vittorio Emanuele III., for coal vessels, with an area of 96 acres, is in course of construction to the west of this, between it and the lofty lighthouse which rises on the promontory at the south-west extremity of the harbour.
- "VITTORIO EMANUELE ORLANDO (1860-), Italian statesman, was born in 1860.
- It fronted on to the ancient forum, part of the pavement of which, with a base for the equestrian statues of Castor and Pollux (as the inscription upon it records) has been laid bare beneath the present Piazza Vittorio Emanuele.
- Massari, La Vita ed it Regno di Vittorio Emanuele II.Advertisement
- The centre of Florence, which was becoming a danger from a hygienic point of view, was pulled down in 1880-1890, but, unfortunately, sufficient care was not taken to avoid destroying certain buildings of historic and artistic value which might have been spared without impairing the work of sanitation, while the new structures erected in their place, especially those in the Piaza Vittorio Emanuele, are almost uniformly ugly and quite out of keeping with Florentine architecture.