Elysee sentence example
- After the election of Louis Napoleon to the presidency of the republic she took up her residence in Paris, and did the honours of the Elysee till his marriage.
- "Prince, altesse, monsieur, monseigneur, citoyen" (he was called by all these names indifferently at the Elysee), he appeared as the candidate of the most incompatible interests, flattering the clergy by his compliments and formal visits, distributing cigars and sausages to the soldiers, promising the prosperous bourgeoisie "order in the street" and business, while he posed as the "father of the workers," and won the hearts of the peasants.
- From the Elysee by means of the mass of officials whom they had at their command, the conspirators extended their activities throughout the whole country.
- At the Elysee, Morny, adulterine son of Hortense, a hero of the Bourse and successful gambler, supported his half-brother by his energy and counsels.
- By proposing to allow the president of the Assembly to call in armed force, the questors revealed the Assembly's plans for defence, and gave the Elysee a weapon against it ("donnent barre contre elle a l'Elysee").Advertisement
- Shortly afterward witnesses see the harem arrive at Elysee restaurant in central London TOGETHER.