Elymi sentence example
- The Elymi were a people of uncertain origin, but they claimed a mixed descent, partly Trojan, partly Greek.
- We hear no more of Elymi; indeed Segesta has been practically Greek long before this.
- It was a city of the Elymi, but, though the Elymi were regarded as barbari, Segesta, in its relations with its neighbours, was almost like a Greek city.
- The town occupies the site of the ancient Eryx, a city of the Elymi, a people who claimed to be sprung from a mixed settlement of Trojans and Phocians after the fall of Troy (E.
- These were unable to withstand the Greek settlers, and the Phoenicians of Sicily withdrew step by step to form three considerable towns in the north-west corner bf the island near to the Elymi, on whose alliance they relied, and at the shortest distance by sea from Carthage - Motya, Solous or Soluntum, and Panormus (see Palermo).Advertisement