Eltham sentence example
- Thirty-five years later John of Eltham granted to the burgesses the whole town of Grauntpount.
- He was a soldier and a hunter rather than a bishop, and built castles at Eltham and elsewhere.
- On the 10th of July 1359 Wykeham was made chief keeper and surveyor, not only of Windsor, but of the castles of Dover, Hadley and Leeds (Kent), and of the manors of Foliejohn, Eton, Guildford, Kennington, Sheen (now Richmond), Eltham and Langly and their parks, with power to repair them and to pay for workmen and materials.
- He now settled at Eltham in Kent, frequently preaching at Quaker meetings in the neighbourhood during the brief remainder of his troubled life.
- Boy George was born George Alan O'Dowd on June 14, 1961, in Eltham, Kent, in the south of England, to an Irish, working class family.Advertisement