Eltham sentence example
- of the borough is Eltham.
- South of it is Eltham Common (37 acres), and in the E.
- Thirty-five years later John of Eltham granted to the burgesses the whole town of Grauntpount.
- who made him lord of the Isle of Man, the bishop died at Eltham on the 3rd of March 1311.
- He was a soldier and a hunter rather than a bishop, and built castles at Eltham and elsewhere.Advertisement
- On the 10th of July 1359 Wykeham was made chief keeper and surveyor, not only of Windsor, but of the castles of Dover, Hadley and Leeds (Kent), and of the manors of Foliejohn, Eton, Guildford, Kennington, Sheen (now Richmond), Eltham and Langly and their parks, with power to repair them and to pay for workmen and materials.
- he was associated with the party led by Thomas, duke of Gloucester, Henry, earl of Derby, afterwards King Henry IV., and his own brother Richard, earl of Arundel, and in 1386 he was sent with Gloucester to Eltham to persuade Richard to return to parliament.
- He now settled at Eltham in Kent, frequently preaching at Quaker meetings in the neighbourhood during the brief remainder of his troubled life.
- Boy George was born George Alan O'Dowd on June 14, 1961, in Eltham, Kent, in the south of England, to an Irish, working class family.