Elphaba sentence example
- According to Wicked, the Wicked Witch of the West is really named Elphaba Thropp and is the daughter of the governor of Munchkinland.
- Elphaba is ostracized because she was born with green skin, but while at college of Shiz University, she shows a talent for magic that catches the eye of the headmistress of the school.
- The headmistress has a connection to the new leader of the land, the Wizard of Oz, and promises to introduce him to Elphaba.
- While at school, Elphaba also starts a friendship with Galinda - who later becomes Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.
- After meeting the Wizard with Glinda, Elphaba discovers that he is corrupt and has no magical powers of his own.Advertisement
- Elphaba refuses to help the Wizard with his plan and decides to use her magic to try and stop him.
- The Wizard begins referring to Elphaba as the Wicked Witch of the West, and eventually, Elphaba embraces her name and starts using her magic for evil.
- Although Elphaba is shown as melting when Dorothy throws water on her in the movie Wizard of Oz, in Wicked, Elphaba survives the attack and helps Glinda gain rule of Oz before leaving for good.