Elongata sentence example
- reticulate), and others, - the star-apple (Chrysophyllum cainito, C. pomiferum), rose-apple (Eugenia jambos), pawpaw, the sapodilla (Sapota achras), the caniste (Sapota Elongata), jagua (Genipa americana), alligator pear (Persea gratissima), the yellow mammee (Mammea americana) and so-called " red mammee " (Lucuma mammosa) and limes.
- elongata which produces the " henequen " fibre, or sisal hemp, of Yucatan, silk or tree-cotton (Ceiba casearia), sugar-cane, cotton (Gossypium), indigo and " canaigre " (Rumex hymenosepalus) whose root contains a large percentage of tannin.
- elongata are cultivated, from which large quantities of " henequen " or " sisal," as the fibre is called, are exported.
- Podocarpus elongata and P. Thunbergii (yellow wood) form the principal timber trees in the belt of forest which stretches from the coast mountains of Cape Colony to the north-east of the Transvaal.
- elongata, followed by the detailed researches of Kidston and Arber on Sigillaria elegans, scutellata and mamillaris.Advertisement