Elmina sentence example
- The principal was the transference of Elmina fort from the Dutch to the British, which took place on the 2nd of April 1872.
- The Elmina were regarded by the Ashanti as their subjects, and the king of Ashanti held the Elmina "custom-note," - that is, he received from the Dutch an annual payment, in its origin a ground rent for the fort, but looked upon by the Dutch as a present for trade purposes.
- Negotiations for their release were begun, but the Europeans were still prisoners when the sale of Elmina occurred.
- They defeated the Fanti, stirred up disputes at Elmina, and encamped at Mampon near Cape Coast, to the great alarm of the inhabitants.
- "Racoon" for Elmina.Advertisement
- Elmina >>
- Benin was discovered by the Portuguese about the year 1485, and they carried on a brisk trade in slaves, who were taken to Elmina and sold to the natives of the Gold Coast.