Elko sentence example
- In the central, north-eastern and north-western sections, embracing the counties of Nye, Elko and Humboldt, the average annual rainfall varies from 7 to 8 in.; in the west-central section, at the foot of the Sierra, the average is about 10 in.
- At Elko, Elko county, in the N.E., the mean temperature for the year is 46° F.; for the winter (December, January and February) it is 26°, with extremes reported of 73° and - 42°; the mean temperature for the summer (June, July and August) is 69°, with extremes of 108° and 20°.
- The most productive part of the state is the Humboldt Valley and the region near Pyramid Lake, including the counties of Humboldt, Elko and VVashoe.
- Considerable quantities of the following minerals have been found: barytes (heavy spar), magnetite (magnetic iron ore), and pyrolusite (manganese dioxide) in Humboldt county; roofing slate in Esmeralda county; cinnabar (ore containing quicksilver) in Washoe county; haematite in Elko and Churchill counties; cerussite and galena (lead ores) in Eureka county; and wolframite (a source of tungsten) at Round Mountain, White Pine county.
- At Elko, Elko county, in the N.E., the mean temperature for the year is 46Ã‚° F.; for the winter (December, January and February) it is 26Ã‚°, with extremes reported of 73Ã‚° and - 42Ã‚°; the mean temperature for the summer (June, July and August) is 69Ã‚°, with extremes of 108Ã‚° and 20Ã‚°.Advertisement
- m.), established in 1877, in Elko county, between the forks of the Owyhee river and lying partly in Nevada and partly in Idaho, and under the western Shoshoni (boarding) school (55 pupils in 1908), there were 252 Paiute, 238 Shoshoni and i Hopi in 1908; on the Pyramid Lake reservation (503 sq.
- The State University, established at Elko in 1874 and removed to Reno in 1887, is supported by the income from a Federal grant of two townships (72 sq.