Elkington sentence example
- Before the close of the 18th century, and during the first quarter of the 19th, a good deal had been done in the way of draining the land, either by open ditches or by James Elkington's system of deep covered drains.
- Two years later Messrs Elkington in London and M.
- They were rivalled by Elkington of Birmingham, who secured the permanent assistance of at least one fine artist, Morel Ladeuil, the producer of the Elcho Challenge Shield.
- Elkington, whose first patent is dated 1865.
- Joseph Elkington, a Warwickshire farmer, discovered a plan of laying dry sloping ground that is drowned by the outbursting of springs.Advertisement
- Elkington showed that by cutting a deep drain through the clay, aided when necessary by wells or auger holes, the subjacent bed of sand or gravel in which a body of water is pent up by the clay, as in a vessel, might be tapped and the water conveyed harmlessly in the covered drain to the nearest ditch or stream.
- In the circumstances to which it is applicable, and in the hands of skilful drainers, Elkington's Draining Implements.
- electroplatefamous names to be found in the records are Elkington & Company Ltd, who patented their electroplating processes in the 1830s.