Elizabethtown sentence example
- During the separation the New Side established the college of New Jersey at Elizabethtown (now Elizabeth) in 1747, and the Log College of the Tennents was merged into it.
- He graduated at Hamilton College, Clinton, N.Y., in 1820, and at the Princeton Theological Seminary in 1823, was ordained as a Presbyterian minister by the presbytery of Elizabethtown, New Jersey, in 1825, and was the pastor successively of the Presbyterian Church in Morristown, New Jersey (1825-1830) and of the First Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia(1830-1867).
- He studied law at Princeton, New Jersey, in the office of Richard Stockton, whose sister Hannah he married in 1762, and in November 1760 he was licensed as a counsellor and attorney-at-law, afterwards practising at Elizabethtown, New Jersey.
- The Lincolns had removed from Elizabethtown, Hardin county, their first home, to the Rock Spring farm, only a short time before Abraham's birth; about 1813 they removed to a farm of 238 acres on Knob Creek, about 6 m.
- In the meantime Governor Nicolls of New York, ignorant of the grant to Berkeley and Carteret, had approved certain Indian sales of land to settlers within New Jersey, and had confirmed their titles to tracts in what later became Elizabethtown, Middletown and Shrewsbury.Advertisement
- In May 1668 he convoked the first assembly at Elizabethtown.
- The settled region was called " Achter Koll," or " Back Bay," after Newark Bay, whose waters, lying behind the bay of New York, had to be crossed in order to reach Elizabethtown.
- The town was named in honour of Elizabeth, wife of Sir George Carteret, and was first known as Elizabethtown.
- Arriving in the autumn of 1772, he prepared for college at Elizabethtown,.
- When Christian county was formed from Logan county in 1797, Hopkinsville, formerly called Elizabethtown, became the countyseat, and was renamed in honour of Samuel Hopkins (c. 1 75 0 - 1819), an officer of the Continental Army in the War of Independence, a pioneer settler in Kentucky, and a representative in Congress from Kentucky in 1813-1815.Advertisement
- He has appeared in more than 30 television and film roles, and produced several shows and movies, including Vanilla Sky, the Mission Impossible trilogy, The Last Samurai, and Elizabethtown.
- In 2005, he starred in Kingdom of Heaven and Elizabethtown.
- Previous films include Elizabethtown and The Illusionist.
- Elizabethtown College: With four locations throughout Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Elizabethtown and York, Elizabethtown College is known for holding an important role in adult education for the midstate area.
- In 2006 the family moved to a bigger house in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, which is located 10 miles south of Hershey.Advertisement
- Elizabethtown is a borough in Lancaster County, known for its small town charm and sprawling suburbs.The Gosselin's house in Elizabethtown was a huge move up for the family of 10.
- According to Jon and Kate, living in their Elizabethtown residence wasn't always a peaceful experience for the reality TV family.