Eliz sentence example
- 439) Other traces occur in the Acts of Uniformity, which make offences of depraving the Book of Common Prayer triable at Assizes (between 23 Eliz.
- a " Court of High Commission " with jurisdiction over laity and clergy, based on i Eliz.
- A considerable number were flogged under the Vagrancy Acts (39 Eliz.
- Among the most common causes of imprisonment was the practice adopted by judges and magistrates of tendering to Friends (particularly when no other charge could be proved against them) the Oaths of Supremacy and Allegiance (5 Eliz.
- A somewhat similar act of 35 Eliz.Advertisement
- The Act of 31 Eliz.
- (with a few alterations having no reference to incense) was again established, under the authority of the third Act of Uniformity (1 Eliz.
- A large number of penal statutes were enacted in the following reigns, and the statute I Eliz.
- The statute 13 Eliz.
- The statute 5 Eliz.Advertisement
- Except, however, where made under parliamentary authority, no composition for tithes, although made between the landowner and the parson or vicar with the consent of the patron and ordinary, bound a succeeding incumbent, the statute 13 Eliz.
- logwood in dyeing (23 Eliz.
- Clauses of penal statutes, 23 Eliz. and 3 Jac.