Eliphalet sentence example
- Ballston Spa, which was named in honour of the Rev. Eliphalet Ball, an early settler, was settled about 1787 by the grandfather of Stephen A.
- In 1824 he was ordained priest, and married a daughter of President Eliphalet Nott of Union College; she died in 1839, and in 1841 he married her cousin.
- In 1828 Eliphalet Remington (1793-1861) established here a small factory for the manufacture of rifles.
- He invented, and, with the assistance of his sons, Philo (1816-1889), Samuel and Eliphalet, improved the famous Remington rifle, which was adopted by several European governments, and was supplied in large numbers to the United States army.
- The post-office, which was established in 1845, was named Remington, in honour of Eliphalet Remington; but later the present name was adopted.Advertisement