Elfsborg sentence example
- Boris, a town of Sweden, in the district (lan) of Elfsborg, 45 m.
- Near the present site in 1643 colonists from Sweden built Fort Elfsborg; but the Swedish settlers in 1655 submitted to the Dutch at New Amsterdam, and the latter in turn surrendered to the English in 1664.
- The red iron gneiss prevails in western Sweden in the provinces of Vermland, Skaraborg, Elfsborg, and down to the province of Kristianstad.
- The Cambrian and Ordovician strata occur in isolated patches in Vesterbotten, Jemtland (around Storsjo), Skaraborg, Elfsborg, Orebro, Ostergotland and Kristianstad.
- These deposits, known as glacial sand and glacial clay, cover most parts of Sweden south of the provinces of Kopparberg and Vermland, the more elevated portions of the provinces of Elfsborg and Kronoberg excepted.Advertisement
- The principal centres of the textile industry are Norrkoping in Ostergotland and Boras in Elfsborg Lan, where there are weaving schools; and the industry is spread over Elfsborg Lan and the vicinity of Gothenburg.